- Try on mouth guard so that length of guard does not pass your 2nd molar.
- Pull your upper lip out perpendicular to your teeth and the rim of the guard should be no more than 1-2 mm short of that inner lip fold.
- If required carefully trim with sharp scissors.
- Bring 4-6" of water to a boil in a sauce pan and then remove from heat source.
- Using a spoon, submerge the guard in the pan of hot water for 30 seconds. Make sure guard does touch sides of pan.
- Remove guard from water and wait 20 seconds before placing guard into mouth. Mouth guard should feel warm to the touch, but not hot.
- Bite down firmly on the guard and allow the tongue to press along the roof mouth creating a strong suction to draw all water and air out of the guard. At the same time, use fingers and press firmly along the rim of the guard against the teeth and gums from outside the mouth.
- Remove the guard from mouth and immediately place in cold water for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 4 thru 8 if fit is not accurate.
Follow the directions below to accurately fit your boil and bite mouth guard. The fit should feel snug and comfortable. Read all instructions BEFORE proceeding. Exercise caution. This process should be supervised by an adult over 18 yrs of age.
DO NOT chew on mouth guard or leave in hot areas such as: car, trunk of car, or direct sunlight.