How to Fit and Size
How to Fitprint
- Try on mouth guard so that length of guard does not pass your 2nd molar.
- Pull your upper lip out perpendicular to your teeth and the rim of the guard should be no more than 1-2 mm short of that inner lip fold.
- If required carefully trim with sharp scissors.
- Bring 4-6" of water to a boil in a sauce pan and then remove from heat source.
- Using a spoon, submerge the guard in the pan of hot water for 30 seconds. Make sure guard does touch sides of pan.
- Remove guard from water and wait 20 seconds before placing guard into mouth. Mouth guard should feel warm to the touch, but not hot.
- Bite down firmly on the guard and allow the tongue to press along the room mouth creating a strong suction to draw all water and air out of the guard. At the same time, use fingers and press firmly along the rim of the guard against the teeth and gums from outside the mouth.
- Remove the guard from mouth and immediately place in cold water for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 4 thru 8 if fit is not accurate.
Follow the directions below to accurately fit your Fightdentist™ Boil-n-Mold Pro Guards. The fit should feel snug and comfortable. Read all instructions BEFORE proceeding and exercise caution. This process should be supervised by an adult over 18 yrs of age.
Tips for Extended Wear
- DO NOT chew on mouth guard
- DO NOT leave mouth guard in hot areas such as: car, trunk of car, or direct sunlight
- Rinse before and after each use utilizing proper mouth guard cleaning solutions, tooth paste, or alcohol free mouth wash
- Store mouth guard in carry case
How to Size
- Adult: teens or adults with all permanent teeth
- Junior: teens or kids with a combination of first and permanent teeth